COVID – 19
• Access to our facility has been restricted and drop-in visits limited to only those absolutely necessary, we have installed a drop box for parts outside our store and will continue to make arrangements as needed
• We have placed signage at entrances and ask that if you must enter that you wash your hands prior to interacting with staff
• We are sanitizing all vehicles prior to servicing
• Staff is practicing physical distancing of 2 meters, limiting face to face meetings, and have been asked to wash hands often and thoroughly and to stay home if sick.
• We have increased the overall cleaning and sanitization services at our facility
We ask that you please refrain from visiting our facility if you:
• Have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
• If you are not feeling well or have been potentially exposed to someone who isn’t feeling well
Bill’s Heavy Duty is a locally owned, commercial vehicle repair business that has been serving the West Kootenay region for over 40 years.
Our goal is to be the go-to, one stop shop for all our customers maintenance and repair needs.
As an International, Cummins and CAT – TEPS Dealer, we have the most up-to-date training, tooling and resources available. Our highly capable and hard-working technicians have experience on all makes and models.
We are a full service commercial truck centre, providing truck and trailer repair and maintenance services. We specialize in CUMMINS, CAT and INTERNATIONAL products but we repair all makes of medium & heavy duty trucks and trailers including Freightliner, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Western Star, Mack, Volvo, Peerless and more.
Our team of service technicians are here to get you back on the road and advise you on potential future repair or improvement needs.
We are proud to be an authorized dealer for CUMMINS Engine, CAT – TEPS, International/Navistar, Eaton and Peerless which means we have up to date training, expertise and experience to provide high quality repair services.
Bill’s Heavy Duty is a Licenced Commercial Vehicle Inspection Facility, Certified ICBC Inspection Facility and Qualified Supplier. We are also a PHH and ARI Fleet Management Authorized supplier. We provide welding, fabrication and body work services as well.
We are currently seeking a Truck & Transport Technician or Heavy Duty Equipment Technician for a full-time permanent position at our locally owned and operated commercial repair business.
Qualification as a Licensed Truck & Transport Technician or Heavy Duty Equipment Technician.
Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVIP) Certification
Five years related experience and/or training
Computer skills and experience preferred
Valid Driver’s Licence (Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement or Class 1 (to test drive truck & trailer) an asset)
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, must be able to walk around shop floor and exterior yard area (long periods standing / walking), requires mobility to easily access and egress trucks and equipment.
Functions well with large volume and fast-paced work environment.
Must be willing and able to work overtime when required.
Apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 169 Hughes Road, Castlegar BC.
We are located in Castlegar, BC
PHONE: 250-365-7713 | FAX: 250-365-3988
BUSINESS HOURS:Monday to Saturday - 8:00am to 4:30pm Sundays - Closed